Thursday, July 8, 2021

Poem - "Beautiful" by Kanchan Rai

We hope you enjoy this poem by Kanchan Rai, one of our class 12 Humanities students. 

 

You can read the poem below or you can watch a video Kanchan made to bring the poem to life - https://youtu.be/Y9vVxBJEbyo

 

Kanchan would love to hear your feedback and reactions to her poem so please feel free to share. 

 

Beautiful

 

I stare at the wide blue sky

the cotton candy clouds slowly passing by

I can see images, the clouds’ disguise

without me knowing, my lips stretched to smile.

 

I wonder if the trees would ever hug me back

embrace me with love, that’s all I lack

my beloved old friend, covered in cracks

but they tell me you’re strong, that you’ll last.

 

“Beautiful flowers!” If only they could hear me

Should I pick them or let them live freely?

Grasses in the field, I step on with my feet

I wonder if it hurts . . .

My heart still skips a beat.

 

The starry night sky

I used to watch with my brother

has long ago disappeared

no one was ever bothered

now, the moon’s all I can see

still, “Beautiful!”, I whisper.

 

What a shame!

everything will wither away

will I too disappear one day?

My friends will take me with them

but I am glad

I won’t be the one to watch it end

so, “Beautiful!”, I would say

even with my last ever breath.

 

Kanchan Rai

July 2021

 


No comments:

Post a Comment