Friday, February 22, 2019

Our blog is back - Jyoti and Rojina share their passion for dance

After a few years of publishing and sharing the creative musings of the students in different forums, we have decided to reinvigorate the Dream Speakers blog! 

We plan to regularly post ideas, essays, poems, stories, conversations, artwork and other creative outpourings from our passionate students with you. 

To begin with, here's a conversation with Jyoti  (aged 16) and Rojina (aged 10) about their passion for dance and how dancing makes them feel. 



Jyoti

 
1. What type of dance do you do?

I do free style dance class but really I love b-boying. 

2. Why do you love dancing?


I love it because I think that dance is a gift that brings people together with creativity and music and also it is good exercise.


3. How do I feel when I dance?

I feel that it reduces isolation, reduces stress and feel happy and I enjoy it a lot.

4. How does dance help me in my life?
It helps me to explore different ways to make a shape learning a series of steps in music and also it is the way of moving the body as an instrument of expression and communication.




Rojina


1. What type of dance do you do?
I am doing Nepali and free style dance classes.  


2. Why do you love dancing?
I love to dance because it makes me happy and excited to learn.


3. How do I feel when I dance?
I feel that I can be a good and talented dancer in the world.

4. How does dance help me in my life?
I feel that I can show my good dance and win a trophy for my family. It makes people happy when I dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment