Monday, June 8, 2020

I am my own role model, by Ashmita

We have been challenging our students during this lockdown to express how they are feeling, their coping strategies and to share ideas with each other. They have been writing essays and poems, drawing pictures, dancing and various other ways of working through their emotions. 

Recently, Ashmita, one of our class 12 students, who is eagerly waiting to find out when the postponed class 12 board exams will be held, penned this powerful piece on why she is her own role model. We thought you might enjoy it. 

Hope everyone is staying safe. 

With gratitude
Bec  



I am my own role model

By Ashmita Hingmang, class 12, June 2020



In my opinion, a role model is someone who has a clear sense of what is important to them, someone with the mindset of learning from their mistakes and turning them into opportunities, someone who lets go of things that are holding them back. I would consider myself to be my own source of inspiration because I know what I have been through and what I can improve as a result. I know that no matter how deep in a hole I fall into, I will find my way out regardless of how long it takes. I am the one who has her life in her own control.



The reason why I say l am my own role model is because no one can help me to get where I want to go but me. I inspire myself to do better and to be better in everything that I do. I learn from my mistakes. My life path and my goals are different from anyone else’s so why would I follow in someone else’s footsteps? My path to success is going to be different. I realised that following someone else might lead to failure because it isn’t my path. Now I believe that we should lead our own way and inspire ourselves to achieve our goals. It is easier to be my own role model, because if I trip up, I don’t have to wait for others to give me advice. I will discover the way forward by trying new things, exploring new things towards my goal. If in that process, I make mistakes, so be it. Life has offered me a learning opportunity. As writer Israelmore Ayivor said: ”The first person you have to conquer is you.” I am not full of myself. I am just a girl who knows exactly what to expect of herself without the assistances of others. I believe everyone is different and that is the beauty of the world. Everyone goes through different experiences which create the person they become in life. No two experiences are the same; therefore, no two people can be the same. We all have room for self-improvement.  



I am my own role model because I know I can be my best self. I was there when I needed to get myself up. When people were not there for me, I used myself as an inspiration to get back up. I want all people to know that even thought people are not always there for us, we can do it no matter what people tell us. Be your own role model. Be your own inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment