Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Freedom - Finishing the dreaded SLC!

A few weeks ago, Sabitri, Sarita and Sarika finished their SLC exams. The SLC is known as the "Iron Gate" - the final frontier of school. So much pressure is put on the students by their schools, their teachers, their families, society.

As they wait for their results, we asked the girls to write about how it felt to finish their exams and be free of class 10 and the dreaded SLC.

Sarita wrote:

I was really excited to finish my SLC exam because I was really being bored going to study class every time. After waking up from morning coaching class to night study we had to see the face of same person. I always made silly mistakes unknowingly though I didn't want. So I was tired of getting scoldings from sir each and every time. I wanted to be free from everything so I was feeling very happy thinking that I have no more days to get scoldings from sir. After waiting for 2 to 3 weeks SLC arrived knocking on our doors. From 6th of Chaitra our SLC started and it finished on 15th Chaitra.

I felt happy very much because thinking that now I didn't have to worry about my study. SLC has finished but there will be lots of challenges that I have to go through in college. So I am scared a bit and also I am scared thinking about my result. I am also worried about my future what if I won't be able to do things that I have to do confidently. I have to do lots of hard work to achieve my goals successfully. So I am planning to do all kind of work properly and confidently. I am thankful to Bec because she gave me opportunity to teach Alisha and Rebina. While teaching them I could also learn many things from them. So now I am happy and waiting for my result to be published and also I am trying to build up more confidence on me to face the challenges that I will be getting through in college. This is all how I feel and if I won't be able also there are lots of friends and Bec to encourage me so am grateful to them all.
 


Sabitri wrote:

SLC SLC and SLC my head was filled of this three letters. All plans were held on pending due to SLC. I was so hurry to finish it fast and carry out plans that we had made to do after SLC. In the time I was so excited to complete school. I wanted to feel how life goes on after finishing SLC.
 
So I did it. Yeah I did it. I felt so proud to pass the Iron Gate. I felt so free. I thought not to miss school anymore. I thought to complete my remained works. I made lots of plans to do in these holidays. But contrary to this, things went in such a speed that I start missing school days before I complete my plans.
 
I think this happens to all the SLC appeared students. Three months holiday was what we waiting for so long. It is the best time to make up our self, giving time to our interest.  Considering this fact I joined computer class and foot ball coaching. Having SLC finished has not only filled excitements on me but also made me to take responsibility. I am feeling little matured to take responsibility and I think it’s kind of good to have such feeling.
 
It is the best time to take decision and plan for future. We have to join college and choose subject as per our goal. I’ve planned to join law in order to be a lawyer.

Sarika wrote:
I am very glad to have finished my SLC because now I don't have to go to again that school. And I am bored of waking up early in the morning and studying up to 11 o’clock. Now I don't have to wake up early in the morning and studying up to 11 o’clock. Now I feel I am free from all things when I finished my school. Now I can wake up late in the morning whenever I want. I am very happy to have finished my SLC.
When I finished my SLC I thought for my future plan. What can I do for my future to make bright. I take decision from many people but at last I thought I should study management for my future. Because it can help me to make my future nice forever. So, I thought I should focus in management for my future because I want to help my family business. So, I will study management nicely for my future.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment